www.housingforall.ie is a website which provides a pathway and links to the information required to enable you to easily understand and access, in a structured way, the standards and guidance required to ensure that every person has a home that is appropriate to their needs.
It provides an overview and links to existing guidance, references and legislation on designing to meet the needs of all, including:
• Guidance and links on adapting an existing home or designing a new home for a person with a disability.
• An overview and links to the Building Regulations as they apply.
• An overview and links to guidance on designing homes to Universal Design standards.
• An overview and links to design guidance that addresses specific needs, including:
- designing wheelchair accessible housing.
- designing housing to suit older people.
- designing for people with dementia.
- designing for people who have a sensory impairment.
- designing for people with a mental health condition.
- designing for people with autism.
• An overview and links to guidance on the design of the public realm.
• An overview and links to guidance on the use of assistive technology.
• An overview and links to guidance on commonly used design terms and concepts.
• An overview and links to Government policy and legislation.
• Links to external websites and publications that will provide you with detailed information, guidance and case studies.
The website was produced by the Housing Agency and will be updated on a regular basis. A hard copy of the roadmap can be downloaded from the website.