A highly versatile and stylish Pop Up Bar in the Lime Tree Theatre, Mary I University Limerick by Hugh Kelly Architect has won the inaugural Interior Design Award at Architecture Expo.
The judges for this new award were impressed by the quality and innovation of this pop up design in the new Lime Tree Theatre at Mary I University Limerick. The bar cleverly folds away when not in use but transforms the space during performances. A motif of lime tree branches in the style of Chinese woodblock printing ‘Okiyo-e’ is etched into the bar. These etchings come alive when the bar is lit at night.
The objective of the Interior Design Award is to encourage quality and innovation in fit-out and interior design. The award is kindly sponsored by Walls Construction.
Highly Commended in the awards was the fit-out for SCOR on St John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin by Henry J Lyons. The SCOR brand colours are used strategically and effectively in this innovative design-led project.
Commended entries for the Interior Design Awards were:
- XL Insurance by RKD Architects
- Terra Cotta House by GKMP Architects
- House Extension in Ranelagh by Optimise Design
The Judging Panel for the Interior Design Award are architects:
- Peter Carroll (A2 Architects)
- Maria Kiernan (Kearney and Kiernan Architects)
- Gary Mongey (Box Architects)
- Michael Hayes (Architectural Graduate)
- Knut Klimmek (Designer, Klimmek & Henderson)