The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has annouced this year’s Stirling Prize shortlist. Six buildings have been selected from 52 RIBA Award – winners and among those are three Irish practices – Heneghan Peng, Niall Maclaughlin and Grafton Architects.
2013 RIBA Stirling Prize shortlisted buildings are :
- Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre by Heneghan Peng
- University of Limerick Medical School and Pergola Bus Shelter, Ireland by Grafton Architects
- Bishop Edward King Chapel at Cuddesdon by Niall Maclaughlin
- Park Hill, Sheffield by Hawkins/Brown and Studio Egret West
- Newhall Be, Harlow, Essex by Alison Brooks Architects
- Astley Castle, Nuneaton, Warwickshire by Witherford Watson Mann
The winner will be announced at a ceremony in London on 13 October.